Signs to Look For
If one or more of these signs are present, it may be time to schedule a consultation with Caring Considerations.
- Ambivalence about future care and housing plans
- Current house or apartment becomes too difficult and unpleasant to manage
- Need for support in the Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)* and/or declining memory
- Better access to health care due to a recent illness, accident, or hospitalization
- Need improved safety and security
- Desire to be closer to family
- Limited or no family support system
- Transportation challenges
- Nutritional needs
- Overall need to have a stable, caring, support network
- Need to become more engaged in life
*ADLs include: dressing, grooming, transferring, eating, bathing, toileting, and sometimes medication management.