Our Response to COVID-19
Please call us for additional details:
People are asking us questions during this pandemic and we’d like to keep you advised.
Are you still helping new clients?
Yes. We are helping new clients and their families. We are able to help Care Management clients by collecting as much information as possible via phone or email.
We are also holding teleconferences. Our new Care Management clients will need to receive a home visit in order to ensure assessments and care plans are effective. After information is collected, Caring Considerations will continue to monitor clients and perform only essential visits. We always practice infection control during each visit.
Other services we offer – Caregiver Coaching, Senior Housing Searches, and Aging Life Care™ Plans – can be performed via phone, teleconference, and emails.
We are Helping Clients Who Are Alone in Their Homes
- Make sure client has enough nonperishable food to last at least 2 weeks. Establish delivery services if possible.
- Ensure there are enough prescription medications for 2+ weeks or start a delivery service immediately*.
- Stock up on paper products including toilet paper, paper towels, disposable undergarments and disinfectant wipes.
- Cleaning supplies, bleach, hand sanitizer, cold medications, hand soap
- Discuss preparations with any caregivers and make sure they follow infection control protocol.
We’d like to express our current infection control policy:
- If anyone feels sick, (or has been in contact with someone who is sick) we ask that they do not leave their home until they NOT exhibiting symptoms such as fever for at least 48 hours. Contact your Dr. for further evaluation.
- Home and community (assisted living, hosp. etc.) visits will occur in essential and emergency situations only. Currently, senior living communities are not allowing any visits however.
- We are asking everyone wash their hands as soon as they enter a client’s residence.
- Limit touching. Always practice cough and sneeze etiquette.
- We encourage washing hands and/or using hand sanitizer upon departure of a client’s residence.
- We endeavor to wipe down mobile phones and other frequently touched surfaces often/daily.
*We can implement delivery services.