Friday, September 9, 2016 – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
(Light Lunch included)
Providence Presbyterian Church (rear entrance/Parlor)
9019 Little River Turnpike – Fairfax
If you are between the ages of 70 – 85, please join us* for a FREE Workshop to create an Aging Life Care™ manual.
Registration (click here) is limited to 12 people.
This Workshop is the first of it’s kind. It’s NOT a boring lecture. Now you have an opportunity to gain some insight, explore ideas, collaborate with others, discuss solutions and document your own plans to remain independent and in control for as long as possible (if/when you need care). Workshop includes topics such as:
- The 3 Options: Home Care, Senior Living, Family
- Spousal Caregiving
- Aging-in-Place Strategies; Downsizing
- Family Topics
- Resources for Older Adults
Your participation will ultimately create an Aging Life Care™ Manual to help you plan for the future and start a conversation with your family.
There is no charge for this pilot Workshop. However, in exchange, you will be asked to provide survey feedback on the following:
- Overall content & Information, effectiveness of the discussions, activities and methods
- Tools and Resources, Final manual product, etc.
Overall Learning Objectives:
- Participant will gain personal clarity and knowledge in key areas in order to preserve quality of life as they age.
- Participant will document and describe the 3 options for housing and care in order to begin creating and documenting their Plan A, B and C, etc.
- Participant will learn information about local private and government resources helpful to older adults.
What you will need to do:
- Register online here
- Supply a 3-ring binder (1″ wide) for holding your materials (materials provided)
- Complete a Values Questionnaire provided to you prior to workshop (takes ~30 min. We will email it to you.)
- Have a general or estimated household budget to include: Rent/Mortgage, Taxes, Utilities, Food, Entertainment, Housecleaning, Yard work, home maintenance.
*If you have a teaching/education background, you are strongly encouraged to participate. COUPLES are highly encouraged to attend together! Never married or no children? You will benefit as well!